Wednesday, November 9, 2011

White Paint Search

Picking a white paint seems like the easiest possible task.  I wish.  Too many choices for me.  151 shades of white available at Benjamin Moore alone.   You have to be kidding me.

And honestly, none of those colors look like white to me.  In an effort to cheat a bit learn from the best, I started researching the paint colors used in some of my favorite designs.  As if I couldn't become more confused.  Apartment Therapy and Houzz gave me a couple ideas for where to start.

sunny dining room
Pottery Barn and Carleton Varney, Benjamin Moore Decorator's White
I've read that Decorator's White can feel a bit cold without much natural light, so I'll pass on that one.

1-27-09loft1.jpg
Andrew Flesher, Benjamin Moore Super White
And this Super White is a little too super bright for me.

Suzie: Massucco Warner Miller Interior Design  Glamorous closet with ivory rug, ivory cabinets ...Kitchen traditional kitchen
Massucco Warner Miller Interior Design and Stonewood LLC, Benjamin Moore Atrium White
This Atrium White looks warm, but I think the hardwoods and lighting may play a big part.


Suzie: Sandi Holland  Beautiful coastal kitchen design with Benjamin Moore Navajo white kitchen ...
Benjamin Moore Navajo White

I enjoyed these posts by two greats Phoebe Howard and Erika Powell.  They both agree that Benjamin Moore's White Dove is great.  I found these examples.
Suzie: At Home in Arkansas  Beautiful white kitchen design with white kitchen cabinets painted ...Suzie: Dillon Kyle Architects  modern French chic living room with gray stone fireplace, flat ...Suzie: Jeffrey Bilhuber   lovely white cottage bathroom design with calcutta marble bathroom ...
At Home in Arkansas, Dillon Kyle Architechts, Jeffrey Billhuber

Laura Casey Interiors and Trove Interiors also had some more suggestions.

Do you have a favorite white?

No comments:

Post a Comment