Monday, November 21, 2011

Travel Planning: Charleston, SC

We're headed to beautiful Charleston, SC today.  It's just 2 hours from Hilton Head and one of my favorite places on the east coast.  I made a loose itinerary, because I'm OCD like that.  I never want to miss a "must see" or more importantly, a "must eat".
Charleston, South Carolina
Source

I love this town.  I considered going to college here.  Not because it's a particularly great school, but because it's gorgeous.  I think I would have been quite comfortable here...
Trees on College of Charleston campus

When we arrive, we'll likely do a short driving tour.

And then we'll start with lunch at one of these popular restaurants. 
Southendbrewery
Southend Best Restaurant (brewery + sandwiches)

 
Tattooed Moose (bar + sandwiches)

home-2
 Poogan's Porch (southern)

Alt TagClosed for Business (sandwiches + beer)

Once I'm fed, it's tour time.  I've read that these places make for great places to take in the city.
Charleston, SC (South Carolina) - South Carolina State Arsenal (Old Citadel), located adjacent to Marion Square
Marion Square

Stoll's Alley

Longitude Lane
Longitude Lane


White Point Gardens and Battery Park

And finally, shopping!


I think my father and Beau would really appreciate the HL Hunley Submarine tour, but sadly (for them) it's only available on weekends.
Css hunley on pier.jpgFile:CSSHLHunleyrecovery.jpgFile:Hunley-1.jpg


Mom and I would be more entertained with a visit to one of the popular mansions and gardens.  
MP-header-home-page
Middleton Place

Exterior of the Plantation house
Magnolia Plantation


Boone Hall Plantation

If we're still around for dinner, I've read some great reviews of F.I.G.

And finally, I don't think Beau would mind a stop at the Charleston Beer Exchange on our way home to stock up on some necessities for the week!

Do you have a favorite place to visit in Charleston?

No comments:

Post a Comment