Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Desserts

Every Thanksgiving, I'm in charge of the pies.  Not that I'm any kind of expert.  I use premade amish crusts that I could never dream of beating and fruit we canned through the summer.  It doesn't get much easier than that.  I usually make 2 pumpkin pies, a pecan pie, cherry crumb, apple crumb, and sometimes, peach crumb.  We're a crumb topping kind of family.  The secret to a great crumb is oatmeal (says me).  If I was going to stray from the norm, I think these look delicious.







Pumpkin Spice Whoopies

Pumpkin-Praline Cheesecake

Apple-Butter Pumpkin Pie

Do you make any special desserts for Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. I don't make any desserts, but every year I buy a Marie Calendar apple crumb pie. Maybe one year I will attempt to make one of my own, but I highly doubt I could beat her's so why try?!

    ReplyDelete