Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Indian Baby Shower

I just found these pictures on my camera and thought they'd be fun to share.  This summer I hosted a baby shower for a coworker.  She is originally from India and loves the color red and anything elephant.  It was lots of fun to plan and catering from New Dehli, was delicious, as always.

I held the party at my parent's house, just 4 doors down from our new house and the exact same layout. I decorated with things I already had to brighten up the room.

DSC_0005


DSC_0034

I sewed the heart garland with some hearts I found in my scrapbook pile.
DSC_0027


The mom-to-be had been shopping for a little extra storage, so Beau helped me paint an old dresser we were getting rid of. We didn't do it right the first time, so this thing ended up with about 10 coats of red paint by the time we'd fixed our mistakes. That will teach us.
DSC_0032
DSC_0020

Favors for guests to take home.
DSC_0021

To add a little color and bring in my theme I painted some old frames red and added some scrapbook paper and elephant cut outs. The mom plans to use them in her nursery!
DSC_0012

As a gift, another coworker and I found a gently used crib. We cleaned it up, and then sewed a bedding set, complete with adjustable crib skirt, sheet, quilt and mobile. The mom was concerned about the hazards of bumpers, so I made some bite guards to add a little bit of color and not sacrifice safety.
DSC_0046


Here are some more of our home made gifts. Bibs, burp cloths, stuffed elephant, changing pads and onesies. The appliqued elephants on the quilt and onesies are from a soft velour so they have a great texture.
DSC_0036
DSC_0041DSC_0042DSC_0037


DSC_0040 DSC_0048DSC_0050

As a group, our coworkers shared the cost of the breast pump and the rest of the gifts were given individually. Beau's aunt also sent some gently used clothing and cloth diapers to help the mom get started.  Thanks Aunt Laura!
DSC_0051


Everything was a big hit! Especially the home brewed beer Beau shared with the guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment